Jauuuuh sebelum lebaran, gw udah niat mau bikin cheesecake buat cake lebaran di rumah. Tahun lalu beli mille feuille nya Meridien yang enak banget *dan kayanya abis ama gw sendiri * Berhubung udah punya oven, gengsi dong ah kalo cakenya beli.....heuheueheuuu
Sabtu mau mampir Titan buat beli cream cheese tinggal mimpi deh. Boro-boro nyampe fatmawati, capek bener beberes rumah cyiiiinnn :D Untung depan komplek ada toko bahan kue yang lumayan komplit. Gw pake resep dari sini.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon warm water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries*
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 full sheet graham crackers)
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 24 ounces full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream (or yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Adjust oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make the blueberry sauce first: Whisk the cornstarch, lemon juice, and warm water together in a small bowl until the cornstarch has dissolved. Set aside. Warm the blueberries and sugar together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously for 3 minutes until the blueberry juices begin to release. Add the cornstarch mixture and continue to stir for another 2-3 minutes, smashing some blueberries as you go. The mixture will start to thicken. Remove from heat and put the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a small bowl (to separate the cooked berries and the juice). Keep separated and set both (the cooked berries and the juice) aside.
- Make the graham cracker crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and granulated sugar together in a medium bowl until combined. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and only slightly up the sides. The crust will be thick. Wrap aluminum foil on the bottom and tightly around the outside walls of the springform pan, as shown in photos above. Bake the crust for 7-8 minutes. Allow to slightly cool as you prepare the filling.
- Make the filling: Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together on medium speed in a large bowl - about 3 full minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the sour cream and vanilla, beat until combined. On low speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just blended. Do not overmix the filling after you have added the eggs.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust. Drop spoonfuls of the smooth blueberry sauce onto the batter. Using a knife, gently swirl as shown in the photo above. If you have leftover blueberry sauce (you will), mix it with the cooked blueberries you set aside. Save for topping the baked cheesecake.
- Place the springform pan into a large roasting pan and place into the oven. Fill with about 1 inch of hot water. The foil wrapped around the pan will prevent water from leaking inside.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is almost set.* Turn the oven off and open the door slightly. Let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight (preferred). Loosen the cheesecake from the rim of the pan and remove the rim. Cut into slices and serve chilled. Top with remaining chunky blueberry sauce, if desired.
- Cover leftover cheesecake and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Freezes well up to 1 month, covered tightly. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Gak punya 9inch springform pan, jadi pake 8inch yang ada di rumah. Nggak masalah kok, masih cukup.
- Gw gak pake blueberry sauce. Niatnya sih mau diganti ama strawberry, cuma gak ada waktu bikinnya lagi. Jadi kemarin cheesecake nya polos aja, gak pake topping.
- Graham cracker diganti pake biskuit marie regal atau sejenisnya, dan gak perlu ditambahin gula.
- Sour cream juga abis di TBK depan komplek, jadi pake yoghurt.
- Jangan terlalu lama ngocok adonan di mixer setelah masukin telur. Nanti banyak masuk udara, dan bikin atasnya cracking. Kemarin sih ada juga cracknya, tapi gak banyak. Kalo nonton video tutorialnya Laura Vitale, dia bilang terlalu lama mix adonan will incorporate air onto the batter.
- Hasil crust bawahnya gak garing karena rembesan air pas di water-bath, gara-gara keabisan alumunium foil, jadi cuma satu lapis. Aturan mah dilapisnya lebih dari 1 :|